More Details Other Editions 5. Friend Reviews.
To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up. To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Edge , please sign up. Lists with This Book. This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Community Reviews.
Showing Rating details. Sort order. Jul 23, Austin Hoffman rated it really liked it.
- Fruit and pomace extracts : biological activity, potential applications and beneficial health effects.
- Perfectly Imperfect : The Art and Soul of Yoga Practice.
- My Last Wishes...: A Journal of Life, Love, Laughs, & a Few Final Notes.
- The Perfect Edge : The Ultimate Guide to Sharpening for Woodworkers - cranmosanhard.ga!
- Sharp Tools Work Better!!
For how much this book is recommended, I found it underwhelming. It does exhaustively tell you everything you need to know about sharpening any kind of tool, but once you've read the first few chapters, you should be able to figure it out anyways. Feb 18, Mike rated it it was amazing Shelves: woodworking-buy. An authoritative guide to sharpening woodworking machines and tools.
Good to read and a good reference. Mar 05, Micah McCarty rated it it was amazing. Wonderful resource for the woodshop!
Popular Woodworking - The Perfect Edge The Ultimate Guide to Sharpening for Woodworkers Softcover
May 17, Barry rated it really liked it Shelves: reference , nonfiction. Friday: Finished reading this book. Saturday: Used a trick I extrapolated from it to grind an old chisel back to life. Today: Gonna have it open to consult while bringing some gouges back up to snuff.
In the future: Rererereread. Definitely check out this book if you even have only one or two questions lingering about sharpening technique. The pictures are really illustrative, the descriptions are clear and full, and it has a few incisive puns. Even the long section on steel science is heartening be Friday: Finished reading this book.
The Perfect Edge: The Ultimate Guide to Sharpening for Woodworkers
Even the long section on steel science is heartening because it makes me think Hock's not just a guy hawking shaped tool steel but a full-on sharpening geek who cares about all edged tools everywhere being sharp—which is someone I'm gonna gonna listen to. Jun 14, Ben Miller rated it really liked it.
Covers pretty much everything--planes, knives, saws, chisels, chainsaws! Has a really fascinating and in-depth chapter on steel, including the characteristics and rationale for different alloys and the various heat-treating regimens. I could have wished for a little more detail in some of the sharpening chapters for example, more depth of information about different bevel angles but that's just a nit. This is an excellent work on sharpening. There is even some tool restoration included.
- Freely available;
- Academic Medicine:A Guide for Clinicians;
- About the author!
- Tool by Tool, Skill by Skill?
- Popular Woodworking - The Perfect Edge The Ultimate Guide to Sharpening for Woodworkers Softcover.
- The Perfect Edge!
- Dark Victory: The Life of Bette Davis.
- The Structure of the World in Udayana’s Realism: A Study of the Lakṣaṇāvalī and theKiraṇāvalī.
- The Perfect Edge - Ron Hock cranmosanhard.ga.
- The Perfect Edge: The Ultimate Guide to Sharpening for Woodworkers by Ron Hock!
- Instant Notes in Developmental Biology!
- Coherent states: applications in physics and mathematical physics?
You'll soon find how easy and safe hand tools are to use. This book covers all the different sharpening methods so you can either improve your sharpening techniques using your existing set-up, or determine which one will best suit you needs and budget. Ron shows you the tricks and offers expert advice to sharpen all your woodworking tools, plus a few around-the-house tools that also deserve a perfect edge.